Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Mk2 Engine Rattle
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
dj0nes
Hi all, some of you may remember my post a few weeks back about my Focus MK2's engine sounded a bit crap well I've managed to get a video of it.

Sorry for the close ups of the dash all the time I was expecting it to come out on the vid which is didnt lol. for your info I was trying to show that although the temp needle indicates normal the digital temp reads 140*c!

I also have a video of the car in action when I'm driving if anyone thinks it would help?

FYI: Oil level on max, new plugs, engine milage 85k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT5T91irmTU
ahodgett
If it helps, my dash indicator is in the same place as yours, ie reads low, I would have expected around 95-97, and reads 134 on the panel. So I don't think it is connected with your problem, but then I have a problem too, so will wait and see what others say.
Regards
Arthur
artscot79
[quote name='ahodgett' date='21 May 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1274466612' post='82790']
If it helps, my dash indicator is in the same place as yours, ie reads low, I would have expected around 95-97, and reads 134 on the panel. So I don't think it is connected with your problem, but then I have a problem too, so will wait and see what others say.
Regards
Arthur
[/quote]

i cant say what the noise is but it really doesnt sound healthy and needs looked at asap it could be down to many things oil starvation etc and if left could cause serious damage

Full Colour Version: Focus Mk2 Engine Rattle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.