Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fault Air Conditioning
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
harveyzone
Hi there,

Can anyone advise on what may be at fault here...

My 2001 Focus air conditioning did not seem to be working very well so I put a pressure meter on the low side port to see if this was a problem. With the AC running on full it goes from 0 pressure to a roughly 55/60 bar in a few seconds before tripping what i assume is some cut off with a 'clunk' and dropping to 0 again. This repeats continuously.

Any ideas what may be at fault? Anything I can easily check?

Thank,
Tom.
artscot79
[quote name='harveyzone' date='23 May 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1274614564' post='82873']
Hi there,

Can anyone advise on what may be at fault here...

My 2001 Focus air conditioning did not seem to be working very well so I put a pressure meter on the low side port to see if this was a problem. With the AC running on full it goes from 0 pressure to a roughly 55/60 bar in a few seconds before tripping what i assume is some cut off with a 'clunk' and dropping to 0 again. This repeats continuously.

Any ideas what may be at fault? Anything I can easily check?

Thank,
Tom.
[/quote]

wiaircon it could be any number of things like my old passat dont waste cash changing bits get a mobile aircon guy out and he will tell you straight away what it is it may be 70 quid but its less than changing 2 or 3 expensive parts
harveyzone
[quote name='artscot79' date='23 May 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1274633205' post='82902']
wiaircon it could be any number of things like my old passat dont waste cash changing bits get a mobile aircon guy out and he will tell you straight away what it is it may be 70 quid but its less than changing 2 or 3 expensive parts
[/quote]

Cheers. That makes sense.
I wondered if it was a common fault, or had a simple fix, but it seems not.
artscot79
[quote name='harveyzone' date='26 May 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1274905563' post='83260']
Cheers. That makes sense.
I wondered if it was a common fault, or had a simple fix, but it seems not.
[/quote]

i found out the hard way there are sensors attatched to the aircon metering temperasture and pressure either of these could be the cause but it means losing all the gas to change it and then a refill to check its the one at fault if not thats a lot of cash down the pan you have things like a tiny leak which can cause the same issues so a mobile guys the best way to go mate

Full Colour Version: Fault Air Conditioning
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615