Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Petrol Prices
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
fiesta_lad
Hi everyone just wondering what petrol station people use at the moment ive always filled up with shell at a cost of 118.9 but i have noicted that the likes of morrinsons which 115.9 and tesco 117.9 and esso is 116.9 but iam worried if i start using diffrent petrol stations my car will not like it has ive always use shell might sound stupid but ive heared people useing diffrent petrol stations and the car starts to run rough is this true cheers alan.
wellzy
easy way to find out, next time the light comes on go to the cheapest station and stick 10 of petrol in if the car starts running rough go back to shell and fill up using there petrol. i don't think there'll be any difference.
fiesta_lad
[quote name='wellzy' date='25 May 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1274744578' post='83102']
easy way to find out, next time the light comes on go to the cheapest station and stick 10 of petrol in if the car starts running rough go back to shell and fill up using there petrol. i don't think there'll be any difference.
[/quote]

Think i might give that ago iam always on the look out for cheap petrol has 5 in a 1.3i petrol engine dont go a long way these days.
DMR
i only use shell or esso, never use supermarket petrol, less mpg as they have more additives per litre than shell does. so shell might be 1 or 2p more expensive but i get more mpg with it. so in the long run tescos sainsburys etc cost more
C-Max Boy 1983
I've used a mixture of both shell and supermarket fuel, but since I moved house two months ago I'm, more inclined to use supermarket fuel, (well my house is 2 mins from Asda or 5mins from Morrisons), I've never really noticed any diffrence in MPG using Supermarket fuel. I don't tend to use my C-Max that much so I'm spending 50 a month to fill the car plus every full tank I add some millers into the Fuel as well.
artscot79
[quote name='C-Max Boy 1983' date='28 May 2010 - 07:50 AM' timestamp='1275028850' post='83402']
I've used a mixture of both shell and supermarket fuel, but since I moved house two months ago I'm, more inclined to use supermarket fuel, (well my house is 2 mins from Asda or 5mins from Morrisons), I've never really noticed any diffrence in MPG using Supermarket fuel. I don't tend to use my C-Max that much so I'm spending 50 a month to fill the car plus every full tank I add some millers into the Fuel as well.
[/quote]

even the aa will tell you the supermarket fuel is rubbish they bulk it up with cleaning soloutions etc so you put a tenner in which lets say is 8 litres roughly 1 litre of that is fluid and not fuel my sisters car was running like a bag of nails aa came out and looked at it when she said she just filled up at asda he suggested draining the fuel and using bnp or shell and it worked once that rubbish was used up and it had a good run with decent fuel the car was fine the guy says its more common and not all fuel is the same due to the cleaning fluids the fuel doesnt burn as cleanly so you actually use more fuel some of its wasted where as a good quality fuel burns optimally so you actually use less
C-Max Boy 1983
Give you a laugh, I was flicking through telly today and noticed a crime series back in the 90's and it showed the price at about 50p a litre!
fiesta_lad
[quote name='C-Max Boy 1983' date='29 May 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1275155494' post='83564']
Give you a laugh, I was flicking through telly today and noticed a crime series back in the 90's and it showed the price at about 50p a litre!
[/quote]

If only it was that much today we all wish.
Gazjs
Back down to around 113.9 here now, getting better :D
fiesta_lad
[quote name='Gazjs' date='29 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1275172247' post='83602']
Back down to around 113.9 here now, getting better :D
[/quote]

Gutted the other day filled up 10 did'nt really need it untill the following but i thought sod it so filled up at 118.9 the following day it was 115.9 i should filled up then :angry:
C-Max Boy 1983
Yeah noticed the price of diesel has crept down again and we're talking at the likes of shell, it's funny when supermarkets announce the decision to drop the prices of fuel, everybody follows suit.

Davy

Full Colour Version: Petrol Prices
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615