Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford C Max Bonnet Catch - Won't Open
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
JAMBO47
Hi,

New for forum.

Have a 2004 Ford Focus C Max 1.8 Zetec (Petrol).

Went to check fluid levels last night and although key operates in lock, bonnet catch does not release.

Hzve had a good look round, but can't see any easy way of overcoming this problem.

Anyone with any solutions? From information on other websites, it would appear that this is not an uncommon problem with Fords.

Disappointed, as otherwise would have to say that the C Max is one of the best cars I've owned.

Thanks.
calmcdermott
[quote name='JAMBO47' date='26 May 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1274864422' post='83194']
Hi,

New for forum.

Have a 2004 Ford Focus C Max 1.8 Zetec (Petrol).

Went to check fluid levels last night and although key operates in lock, bonnet catch does not release.

Hzve had a good look round, but can't see any easy way of overcoming this problem.

Anyone with any solutions? From information on other websites, it would appear that this is not an uncommon problem with Fords.

Disappointed, as otherwise would have to say that the C Max is one of the best cars I've owned.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Hi there, as in knowing about opening the bonnet, I know someone who had a KA his bonnet release didnt work, he had to bang rather hard on the bonnet above the latch to release it (not very dignified i know), eventually got this fixed.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.