Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus Tdci Sport Clutch/fluid Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Yogster
Dear All,
Can anyone advise:

I have recently had a new clutch in my Ford Focus TDCI Sport.
On Saturday the brake fluid light came on so I topped up the fluid level, I then drove away for the weekend (over 150 miles) with no problems whatsoever. When i arrived at my destination I parked up for about an hour. When i returned to the car and started it up, the Clutch pedal fell to the floor, I managed to pick it off the floor with my foot and the pressure built up and the car went on as normal, i then drove to Tesco's and again the pedal fell to the floor, but this time I could not change gear, but after about 30 seconds it worked fine again. The car was then left standing for 2 days after this and then I drove it back home another 150 miles without any problems except the brake fluid light flashing on again about 30 miles from home. I stopped the car and my brake fluid level has dropped from Max to Min. Is this something the garage has caused when changing the clutch????

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Yogster
dezwez
[quote name='Yogster' date='26 May 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1274869268' post='83200']
Dear All,
Can anyone advise:

I have recently had a new clutch in my Ford Focus TDCI Sport.
On Saturday the brake fluid light came on so I topped up the fluid level, I then drove away for the weekend (over 150 miles) with no problems whatsoever. When i arrived at my destination I parked up for about an hour. When i returned to the car and started it up, the Clutch pedal fell to the floor, I managed to pick it off the floor with my foot and the pressure built up and the car went on as normal, i then drove to Tesco's and again the pedal fell to the floor, but this time I could not change gear, but after about 30 seconds it worked fine again. The car was then left standing for 2 days after this and then I drove it back home another 150 miles without any problems except the brake fluid light flashing on again about 30 miles from home. I stopped the car and my brake fluid level has dropped from Max to Min. Is this something the garage has caused when changing the clutch????

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Yogster
[/quote]

i say so yes. If you just shelled out on it it should work ok
sounds like a leak some where

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.