Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Tdci Keeps Cutting Out While Driving
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
reefadude
hi if anyone can help my 53 focus keeps cutting while im driving so i have to keep restarting it while cruising along, ive just had the fuel pump overhauled at the cost of 900 and its still cutting out but now it only seems to cut out at around 70mph plus..... any ideas?????
artscot79
[quote name='reefadude' date='26 May 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1274893675' post='83233']
hi if anyone can help my 53 focus keeps cutting while im driving so i have to keep restarting it while cruising along, ive just had the fuel pump overhauled at the cost of £900 and its still cutting out but now it only seems to cut out at around 70mph plus..... any ideas?????
[/quote]

best advice take it back to whoever overhauled it and have it checked out cutting out at 70 is dangerous to say the least sounds like a timing and or fueling issue take it back and tell them you paid good money to have it fixed based on there diagnosis you want it fixed right this time
chippin
[quote name='reefadude' date='26 May 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1274893675' post='83233']
hi if anyone can help my 53 focus keeps cutting while im driving so i have to keep restarting it while cruising along, ive just had the fuel pump overhauled at the cost of 900 and its still cutting out but now it only seems to cut out at around 70mph plus..... any ideas?????
[/quote]

[size="2"][/size]Did you have any joy fixing problem?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615