Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
markev
hi i have a galaxy (n reg) the problem is my passenger window my 2 year old son was sending it up and down up and down,now when i press it to go up it does but comes half way back down on its own...any ideas thanks
calmcdermott
Push the down button and keep hold of it and i think the window will reset and go all the way down, if not do vise versa, just a guess.....
markev
[quote name='calmcdermott' date='26 May 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1274909729' post='83272']
Push the down button and keep hold of it and i think the window will reset and go all the way down, if not do vise versa, just a guess.....
[/quote]
thanks...it will go down but it just will not stay up as soon as you push up and it gets to the top it just comes back down on its own to halfway
calmcdermott
Im not too sure then matey, did you try what I said, if you understood :lol:, im not good at explaining lol!
markev
[quote name='calmcdermott' date='26 May 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1274910184' post='83274']
Im not too sure then matey, did you try what I said, if you understood :lol:, im not good at explaining lol!
[/quote]
yes thanks...it just wont stay up,off the passenger switch our the drivers
calmcdermott
Have you tried it with the driver's side?
markev
[quote name='calmcdermott' date='26 May 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1274910649' post='83276']
Have you tried it with the driver's side?
[/quote]
just tried it but no luck,but just noticed it stays up when i lock it with key but comes back down when open
mintalkin
it sounds like the memory has been altered, press the button to fully close the window, release for one second and then press up again for two seconds, this should reset the memory for the window, repeat for down position if required.
I will fix it!
your problem is a simple fix! all you need is your d/s/f top window noulding lubricated with silicone spray and the window adjusted! Try lubrication first that might just do it. It's not your door module/window motor trust me.
artscot79
[quote name='I will fix it!' date='29 May 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1275129742' post='83530']
your problem is a simple fix! all you need is your d/s/f top window noulding lubricated with silicone spray and the window adjusted! Try lubrication first that might just do it. It's not your door module/window motor trust me.
[/quote]

have a look up in the window nnel and see if youre son stuck summat up there if the window senses that there is resistance ie fingers stuck in the window it will automatically drop down half way again

Full Colour Version: Window
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.