Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ka Steering Wobble
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
turboderv
hi i have got a 2003 ka and under acceleration it seems to wobble a bit side to side :unsure: looked at ball joints track rod ends and drop links no play at all they parts seem to be about 6 months old and changed for last mot anyone come across this problem before
I will fix it!
[quote name='turboderv' date='30 May 2010 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1275208435' post='83625']
hi i have got a 2003 ka and under acceleration it seems to wobble a bit side to side :unsure: looked at ball joints track rod ends and drop links no play at all they parts seem to be about 6 months old and changed for last mot anyone come across this problem before
[/quote]

On the bottom of the steering column there is a knuckle joint that gets worn, unfortunately you cannot get this seperate and comes as part of the column. This will fix your problem.

Regards
turboderv
[quote name='I will fix it!' date='30 May 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1275252429' post='83695']
On the bottom of the steering column there is a knuckle joint that gets worn, unfortunately you cannot get this seperate and comes as part of the column. This will fix your problem.

Regards
[/quote]

It cat be that the movement is enough to make the car move slightly whilst driving if it was the knuckle joint that is an internal component between the column and the rack so the movement wouldnt be on the drive train but thanks for the sugestion

Full Colour Version: Ka Steering Wobble
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615