Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.2 Tdci Mpg
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Mondeoman
Hi peeps, i'll start with an apology in case this has already been covered...So...Sorry :rolleyes: ......Any who, what sort of mpg's are you getting ? I think the novelty has worn off my car now, so imagine my horror when i can only get 39.6 mpg ( as shown on the computer ) and thats driving like the proverbial nun..Are trip computers to be trusted ? or should i use the brim to brim method ?..Cheers.....Bill..By the way it's an 06 2.2 tdci..running 18 inch wheels with low profiles. ( should the computer be calibrated for all wheel/tyre combinations ? )
Craig A Clark
[quote name='Mondeoman' date='01 June 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1275400915' post='83856']
Hi peeps, i'll start with an apology in case this has already been covered...So...Sorry :rolleyes: ......Any who, what sort of mpg's are you getting ? I think the novelty has worn off my car now, so imagine my horror when i can only get 39.6 mpg ( as shown on the computer ) and thats driving like the proverbial nun..Are trip computers to be trusted ? or should i use the brim to brim method ?..Cheers.....Bill..By the way it's an 06 2.2 tdci..running 18 inch wheels with low profiles. ( should the computer be calibrated for all wheel/tyre combinations ? )
[/quote]

If it makes you feel better, my V6 computer shows around 32mg cruise controlled at 75mph lol I have wondered how accurate the computers are myself.

Cheers!
mintalkin
do not trust the trip computer, try the brim to brim method and see what mpg you get ,the official figures are

Urban Fuel
33.6 mpg

Extra Urban
57.6 mpg

Combined
45.6 mpg
Mondeoman
Thanks guys, i'll try the brim to brim method when i get paid.. :D

Full Colour Version: 2.2 Tdci Mpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.