Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ka Brake Hose Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
sparkywilliams

Hi

After fiting some wider alloys i have noticed the inside rim's have worn a slice into a bit of rubber that surround the front drivers side brake hose as the car has been driven on full lock.
It hasn't gone into the hose itself but obviously i would like to replace as it would be likely to fail the MOT.
I'd like to keep the alloys so can anyone recommend a solution i.e can i buy different brake hoses that are slimmer at that point? If you look closely its the thickness of the rubber mounting that is the problem.

How have others got around this problem?

The wheels are 15' and are quite chunky yet strangely the left hand wheel hasn't damaged the other wheels hoses.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
stef123
[quote name='sparkywilliams' date='01 June 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1275409073' post='83866']

Hi

After fiting some wider alloys i have noticed the inside rim's have worn a slice into a bit of rubber that surround the front drivers side brake hose as the car has been driven on full lock.
It hasn't gone into the hose itself but obviously i would like to replace as it would be likely to fail the MOT.
I'd like to keep the alloys so can anyone recommend a solution i.e can i buy different brake hoses that are slimmer at that point? If you look closely its the thickness of the rubber mounting that is the problem.

How have others got around this problem?

The wheels are 15' and are quite chunky yet strangely the left hand wheel hasn't damaged the other wheels hoses.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
[/quote]

as the hose itself isnt damaged this shouldnt fail an mot but the tester may well bring it up to make you aware.

braided hoses are very thin compared with standard hoses, these might be worth looking into?
sparkywilliams
[quote name='stef123' date='01 June 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1275412151' post='83881']
as the hose itself isnt damaged this shouldnt fail an mot but the tester may well bring it up to make you aware.

braided hoses are very thin compared with standard hoses, these might be worth looking into?
[/quote]

Thanks very much,it passed!! subsequently realised that sum dumbo has fitted the hose kinda upside down,the rubber surround should be below the latch and not above.

Full Colour Version: Ka Brake Hose Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.