Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blaupunkt Fx Sat Nav
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
paulli
Hi

Found out that Ford dosnt supply the newer focus with the Blaupunkt FX sat nav with a CD as it says in the handbook but with just the program on a SD card that slots in.

Has anyone successfully copied their SD card as I am very wary about having it stolen or loosing it as they are about 150 to replace i've been told.

If so what program did you use as i've tried with my laptop using vista and it dosnt read all the program.

Cheers Paul
Bandanaman
I am also having problems with this item - no manual and the unit just goes to search mode without finding anything - Ford dealers do not know anything - 1 year warranty just expired! - any ideas?
Daryll
Are you sure its the Blaupunkt..? apparently its the TravelPilot ones that have the un-copyable SD card..??

Don't take that as gospel though!! :)
Bandanaman
[quote name='Daryll' timestamp='1299618619' post='117537']
Are you sure its the Blaupunkt..? apparently its the TravelPilot ones that have the un-copyable SD card..??

Don't take that as gospel though!! :)
[/quote]

Bandanaman reply
Yes it is the TravelPilot FX - Blaupunkt - and Blaupunkt contacted me to state that all queries must be made to Ford - who then say that they know nothing about it and to contact the dealer.
I think Ford garages do not have any technical info and so are just trying to palm me off to the manufacturer - my "contract" is with Ford - as is the warranty!
johnH
you wont be able to copy the SD card as it will have Digital Rights to stop piracy and to keep the company making money.

one peice of software you could try is norton ghost or some other software to clone the sd card.

google is your best friend for this...search "clone SD card"

Full Colour Version: Blaupunkt Fx Sat Nav
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615