Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pollen Replacement
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
the shaymen
Hi everyone,
Went to ford today and purchased a pollen filter & seal. On removing the actual pollen filter housing I
noticed both clips on the back were broke, so therefore carried on and put the new filter and seal on
and clipped the front 3 clips back on and the screw.
Will this keep the water out of the car or will I need some sealant as you can see a gap between the
filter housing and windscreen were the new seal is. as anyone else had problems with the clips?
The focus is a MK1 o4 plate.
Thanks for any advice or help on this situation.[size="5"][/size][size="5"][/size]
artscot79
[quote name='the shaymen' date='03 June 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1275603064' post='84076']
Hi everyone,
Went to ford today and purchased a pollen filter & seal. On removing the actual pollen filter housing I
noticed both clips on the back were broke, so therefore carried on and put the new filter and seal on
and clipped the front 3 clips back on and the screw.
Will this keep the water out of the car or will I need some sealant as you can see a gap between the
filter housing and windscreen were the new seal is. as anyone else had problems with the clips?
The focus is a MK1 o4 plate.
Thanks for any advice or help on this situation.[size="5"][/size][size="5"][/size]
[/quote]

if theres a gap its likely it will leak again ide get a new housing sealant will last only so long and will only cause more hassle in the future
stef123
the problem with the pollen filter cover/housing leaking isnt actually to do with it being tight against the windscreen. on the underside of the cover there is a long plastic strip thats been pressed on, the water gets between this and the cover and drops onto the pollen filter. run a bead of sealant around all the edges of this making sure you get a good bond and it should be fine.
the cover on my car is by far a great seal on the windscreen, infact there is only a small piece of double sided tape and it hasnt leaked in 2 years since i had bother with it!
bt_cav
Sounds like good advice
What sealant did you use? is it silicon or is it a pre made rubber type seal?
fordpartsman
a new grille cowel is 34.88 inc vat from us
bt_cav
[quote name='fordpartsman' date='05 June 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1275733798' post='84202']
a new grille cowel is 34.88 inc vat from us
[/quote]

sounds like the best way to go

a wet floor is such a pain and best avoided 35 sounds fair enough to me :)
Good shout man
stef123
[quote name='fordpartsman' date='05 June 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1275733798' post='84202']
a new grille cowel is £34.88 inc vat from us
[/quote]

does that include the filter and foam strip?

bt_cav, i just used a good quality silicon sealant.
the shaymen
Thanks for all the replys, Just to let you know I put some roof/gutter sealant from b&q between the housing and windscreen, it was a bit messy but looks okay. It rained quite hard last night and so far no wet patches , I'll keep an eye on it. If I do get a leak I will invest in a new pollen filter housing for 35.
Once again many thanks for your suggestions .... andy .....

Full Colour Version: Pollen Replacement
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.