Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nackered Road Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bt_cav
Hey all

another 'issue' :(
had noticed that there was a pulsating noise as I drove along the road that increased with road speed, it was through the car but affecting the front end, I had a look at the rear wheels and eventually after a lot of staring at the tyre and spinning the wheel I saw the rim has a flat spot, no idea how this has happened but theres no marks or dammage to the tyre, I think its been like this for some time but I just got use to it, turned the radio up etc...

Was wondering about going to a breakers for a wheel but was thinking it could be the same or worse, how much would I expect to pay for a wheel (no tyre) from a braker? also has anyone any idea how much ford would charge :o

its a standard 15 inch 8 double spoke silver alloy wheel, very common, my focus is a 1.6 2004 LX

click the link below of a pic of this wheel
http://www.finishlinewheels.com/FORD/FOCUS/2008/A-03367U10/
fordpartsman
we would charge 170.01 inc vat plus fitting
bt_cav
ah ok bit too saucey for me, think Im gonna be trying a few brakers first

cheers for the heads up mate
focus-pocus
most breakers sell wheels with tyres as policy, even if they are near to bald lol

should be able to find one easily, have a look on ebay aswell, im guessing for a wheel with or without a tyre, around 40 ish. or just nick one lol joking :P
artscot79
[quote name='focus-pocus' date='07 June 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1275902030' post='84406']
most breakers sell wheels with tyres as policy, even if they are near to bald lol

should be able to find one easily, have a look on ebay aswell, im guessing for a wheel with or without a tyre, around 40 ish. or just nick one lol joking [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
[/quote]

on almost every car on the road at least 1 wheel will be buckled sad but true the sheer number of pot holes and i use the term loosely as some look like asteroid craters are mainly the cause you may find that the wheel from the breakers is buckled slightly but dont worry youre nearest tyre shop can easily balance it out if it isnt too severe

Full Colour Version: Nackered Road Wheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615