Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whining Air Conditioning
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jpmoriarty
My Ford Focus 2l Ghia 05 is running really well, but whenever i turn the AC on it whines pretty chronically - if you turn it up to 3 or 4 then the sound of the air pretty much masks it out, but just having it on 1 or 2 you can really hear it quite badly. Is there anything that anyone thinks could be wrong, or easily fixed, or should I just get it into a garage for them to have a look at?

Many thanks!
jay32
Ive just bought a focus tdci sport and its doing the same mate.

hope someone can answer this??
artscot79
[quote name='jay32' date='09 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1276116622' post='84747']
Ive just bought a focus tdci sport and its doing the same mate.

hope someone can answer this??
[/quote]

check the tension of the aircon belt it may be a bit loose other than that all i can think of is a flap is not fully open or closed havent seen this issue before so im clutching at straws to be honest

found this trawling the net I've had a similar problem with my Focus II Air Con. It sounded like a bearing noise at first and then sometimes it whistled for a short time but then most of the noise reduced after a couple or so minutes. Since I had the Air Con serviced during the cars last service the noises have gone away and the Air Con runs quietly now

possibility it just needs a service

Full Colour Version: Whining Air Conditioning
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.