Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replaced 6000Cd For Decent Stereo - Warranty Issue?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
top banana
Hi all

Thanks for your advice recently regarding changing the standard 6000cd cdplayer for a Kenwood single DIN system.
All done and works a treat, 1000% imrovement.

Problem is, that the car has to go back to main dealer for warranty work on the old favourite Central locking grating noise.

The car is 1.5 years old so still in warranty. Will the dealership get funny with the improved cdplayer?
Should I leave the new one in, or put the original one back in prior to having the work carried out?

Cheers
mintalkin
personally i would put the original one back in, with the kenwood not being ford oem suplied they could try and say that you did something when replacing the stereo, better safe than sorry.
top banana
[quote name='mintalkin' date='07 June 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1275928465' post='84449']
personally i would put the original one back in, with the kenwood not being ford oem suplied they could try and say that you did something when replacing the stereo, better safe than sorry.
[/quote]

cheers for the reply. True, better safe than sorry. Also be time to see if the supplied radio code works!!!!
C-Max Boy 1983
Best to be safe, they will try and say something thats caused your problem.

Davy

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615