Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cooling Fan
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
artscot79
does the cooling fan on the focus run even with the ignition off or should it go off when the ignition is switched off also
dezwez
[quote name='artscot79' date='09 June 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1276110460' post='84733']
does the cooling fan on the focus run even with the ignition off or should it go off when the ignition is switched off also
[/quote]
mine go;s off when i swicth off 1.8 petrol lx 52 reg
jeebowhite
[quote name='artscot79' date='09 June 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1276110460' post='84733']
[/quote]

IT can run afterwards if the engine is too warm, for a few minutes, just bring a bit of cool and calm to the engine. Nothing to worry about...
artscot79
[quote name='jeebowhite' date='11 June 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1276291110' post='84932']
IT can run afterwards if the engine is too warm, for a few minutes, just bring a bit of cool and calm to the engine. Nothing to worry about...
[/quote]

just wonderd asi was checking the operation of it with the dash temp readout on and the fan cut in as it should so i switched the car off and the fan also went off as well so wasnt sure my old cars had fans that ran with the engine viscous coupling fans so electric ecu controlled fans are new to me
ford focus edge
My fan rarley comes on even on scorching hot days and after serious abuse :huh:

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='12 June 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1276331846' post='84950']
My fan rarley comes on even on scorching hot days and after serious abuse [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif[/img]

Mike
[/quote]

take it f a drve with the dash trick on then park it in the drive running and allow it to idle watch the dash temp it should cut in before 100 degrees 98 i think and then cut out around 94 if it dioesnt then lift the lid on the fuses in the bonnet theres 4 small rectangular relays youll see the end ones for the fan replace this and likely it will work they sometimes stick open or shut open is fan running constant closed is fan not running at all mine rarely comes on but once a month i check it nad make sure its working as it should
ford focus edge
[quote name='artscot79' date='12 June 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1276350981' post='84965']
take it f a drve with the dash trick on then park it in the drive running and allow it to idle watch the dash temp it should cut in before 100 degrees 98 i think and then cut out around 94 if it dioesnt then lift the lid on the fuses in the bonnet theres 4 small rectangular relays youll see the end ones for the fan replace this and likely it will work they sometimes stick open or shut open is fan running constant closed is fan not running at all mine rarely comes on but once a month i check it nad make sure its working as it should
[/quote]

Its not cooking itself it just dosent seem to come on unless its near silent, say for example if i absoutly NAIL it to college and back then do the same in the ST220, the front of the mondeo is glowing warm with the fan on, mines warm but nothing to bad at all with no extra noise.

I think il leave it well alone its just been serviced and mot's and passed with flying colours dont want to go buggering things up again lol.

Mike
Wibbly
Mine does it even in cold (freezing) weather sometimes. I checked with Ford. Normal. Apparently it designed to do it under certain conditions as a technique for stopping it freezing up...
artscot79
[quote name='Wibbly' date='13 June 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1276459533' post='85039']
Mine does it even in cold (freezing) weather sometimes. I checked with Ford. Normal. Apparently it designed to do it under certain conditions as a technique for stopping it freezing up...
[/quote]

think it was just the act it switched off when the ignition went off most other cars they either stay on or switch back on again saying that when i restarted the car in diagnostics and checked the temp it was 94 so the fan would have cut off anyway

Full Colour Version: Cooling Fan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.