Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clunking From Front Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
steesh
Hi, just bought a 1998 Mondeo 2 litre and noticed when driving it home there was a clunking coming from the os front wheel when accelerating around left hand corners, could this be the cv joint? If so how expensive are they to get sorted at a garage and is it ok to drive, the wheel isnt going to fall off is it?

Cheers
blinggully
Sounds like CV joint to me.....can you not get behind the wheel and see if the gaitor is ripped at the wheel end of the drive shaft, letting in water and dirt resulting in the knocking or if anything has come out gearbox end on the driveshaft??? Depending on how long its been knocking and you could just re grease and use a universal gaitor, cost you about 10 which you could prob do yaself if your a competnant guy. If it looks really bad then it will need changing. Not a massive job, about an hours labour charge.....with parts.....about 100 ish maybe. Would be worth sourcing the CV joint yourself and seeing if you can get the CV joint on its own or if it comes with the driveshaft as I cant remember. Euro parts I know are cheap and cheerful. Think max 50 with driveshaft and a few quid less without. Also you get money back if you exchange your old one too!!!

Happy days. Let me know how ya get on.

Clinton.

Full Colour Version: Clunking From Front Wheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.