Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Focus Wheelarch Rattle
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
lee200299
Hi folks
Every time i go 70mph or above (not to often do i go above lol) i get a kind of rattle coming from the front left wheelarch. I think the liner might be loose and rattling about. Thing is its covered like 12k miles and im a bit dissapointed if this is the case, will warrenty cover it? Anybody else had this problem because my Mrs has a 2008 Ka and its got the exact same noise. Thanks for any help and additional info any of you offer.
artscot79
[quote name='lee200299' date='11 June 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1276250429' post='84872']
Hi folks
Every time i go 70mph or above (not to often do i go above lol) i get a kind of rattle coming from the front left wheelarch. I think the liner might be loose and rattling about. Thing is its covered like 12k miles and im a bit dissapointed if this is the case, will warrenty cover it? Anybody else had this problem because my Mrs has a 2008 Ka and its got the exact same noise. Thanks for any help and additional info any of you offer.
[/quote]

given the and mileage ide take it into where you bought it or youre local ford as it will be covered under warranty it could be the liner not a biggie if it is considering our roads are as smooth as a 65yr old german woman thats never shaved in her life lol doesnt sound like much but pop it in anyway
lee200299
[quote name='artscot79' date='11 June 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1276252587' post='84874']
given the and mileage ide take it into where you bought it or youre local ford as it will be covered under warranty it could be the liner not a biggie if it is considering our roads are as smooth as a 65yr old german woman thats never shaved in her life lol doesnt sound like much but pop it in anyway
[/quote]

Yeah, its so small a sound that at first i thought there was some paper or something behind the passanger side air vent. If i tap on the liner it is slightly loose whereas the driver side is solidly in place. Thanks for the advice anyway mate.
focus-si
If i remember correctly it's a common issue on the n/s/f wheelarcher at speed vibrating.

Ford put rubber around the edge of the arch liner to stop it from vibrating against the wing at high speed.

I had this when i had my 07plate focus,on a rough surface at speed it drives you mad.
lee200299
[quote name='focus-si' date='11 June 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1276261816' post='84889']
If i remember correctly it's a common issue on the n/s/f wheelarcher at speed vibrating.

Ford put rubber around the edge of the arch liner to stop it from vibrating against the wing at high speed.

I had this when i had my 07plate focus,on a rough surface at speed it drives you mad.
[/quote]
Ok cool nice to know its not a sign of previous wreckage lol. Cant see any signs of repair but these things worry you huh. Did you find any way of sorting it mate? You would think as mine is the revised model they would sort it but clearly its common throughout the whole range if the KA has it too. Tut
focus-si
As far as i know they have technical service bulletin about it....so if you book it in they should be able to sort it or if you want to remove the wheel arch liner yourself its litrelly a case of where the arch linear meets the wing of the outsode edge run a thin strip of rubber(old bike inner tube cut up?) or put a little piece at set intevals...its to raise it ever so slightly of the the wing itself to prevent the vibration at speed.

Full Colour Version: 2009 Focus Wheelarch Rattle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.