Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dashboard Dials
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Puma Club
paulbh
i came out to my puma after it as sat on my driveway for the last couple of months turned the ignition key just got a click i gave the car a little push and it started but my speedo and rev counter flipped right round the dial and have stayed there any suggestion how to resolve thanks Paul
jedamotorsport
[quote name='paulbh' date='13 June 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1276441290' post='85023']
i came out to my puma after it as sat on my driveway for the last couple of months turned the ignition key just got a click i gave the car a little push and it started but my speedo and rev counter flipped right round the dial and have stayed there any suggestion how to resolve thanks Paul
[/quote]

Remove the battery negative lead for half an hour,then take the car for a good blast for the ECU to relearn its values.

Jeff
paulbh
[quote name='jedamotorsport' date='13 June 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1276466064' post='85058']
Remove the battery negative lead for half an hour,then take the car for a good blast for the ECU to relearn its values.

Jeff
[/quote]
I will try that out cheers Paul
Mark Foster
My battery died this week after just a few days without driving, got that clicking sound, just gave it a push there was a slight smell of oil but its fine

I had that same problem with the dials in my MG as well but it just fixed itself

Full Colour Version: Dashboard Dials
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.