Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ticking Noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stevei
After a while driving i have noticed a slight "ticking noise" which gets worse over time. If i slightly depress the brake pedal is disappears, then comes back after a while.

Abyone any ideas??
starfield
[quote name='stevei' date='16 June 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1276706631' post='85304']
After a while driving i have noticed a slight "ticking noise" which gets worse over time. If i slightly depress the brake pedal is disappears, then comes back after a while.

Abyone any ideas??
[/quote]

will be helpful if more details are availble: mileage, manual / auto, diesel / petrol, etc
stevei
[quote name='starfield' date='18 June 2010 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1276846021' post='85451']
will be helpful if more details are availble: mileage, manual / auto, diesel / petrol, etc
[/quote]

1.6 Petrol Ghia
Ghia
Auto
25k miles

Hope that this gives you a clue
starfield
below is a quote from the honest john website:

On the 1.6 auto, a sound like a relay clicking on and off repeatedly at idle or light throttle settings (at first thought to be connected with the rough idle) is explained as the Bowden cable connecting the gear shift to the gear box has an alloy junction box situated inside the car under the interior fan unit to provide free play. Re-routing the cable in the engine bay so it is no longer under tension gets rid of the noise.

the url is:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/focus-ii-2004?section=bad

hope this helps

Full Colour Version: Ticking Noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615