Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.4 Fiesta Duratec 53 Model
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
formulaoz
Hi
Could someone advise me how to remove the air filter box so I can change the air filter. Have removed the front two screws but it is held at the back.
james_60
Hi

Make sure the hose from the box to the throttle body is disconnected and the hose to the grille on the car.

Pul it up hard and try not to smack yourself in the face.

There are 8-12 torx screws to remove underneath to access the air filter.

DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THEM when refitting as they will wreck the threads and just turn all day.

Jamie
formulaoz
[quote name='james_60' date='09 August 2010 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1281344140' post='92042']
Hi

Make sure the hose from the box to the throttle body is disconnected and the hose to the grille on the car.

Pul it up hard and try not to smack yourself in the face.

There are 8-12 torx screws to remove underneath to access the air filter.

DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THEM when refitting as they will wreck the threads and just turn all day.

Jamie
[/quote]
formulaoz
Thanks Jamie, I hoped it was similar to my clio so managed to get it off not long after I posted the question. Cheers, John

Full Colour Version: 1.4 Fiesta Duratec 53 Model
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615