Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Cap
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
gafflad2010
:) hi guys im new on ere and never used a forum before well hear we go i own a 1996 1.8 16v LX mondeo and i have a problem with the fuel cap inside the driver door there is a lever that opens the boot if pulled up and pushed down it is meant to open the fuel cap but it does not i have to spend ages before it will work what could this be and is it an easy fix as i have been informed that it is an M.O.T failure if not working any help would be most greatfull as M.O.T is due next month
mintalkin
it could be just stuck,get a mate to help,hold the release lever up, then carefully ease the flap open.Once it is opened ,then lube the plastic pivot hinge and also the spring loaded release plunger.you can also locate the release cable from inside the boot behind the trim.
gafflad2010
:) [quote name='mintalkin' date='20 June 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1277044066' post='85633']
it could be just stuck,get a mate to help,hold the release lever up, then carefully ease the flap open.Once it is opened ,then lube the plastic pivot hinge and also the spring loaded release plunger.you can also locate the release cable from inside the boot behind the trim.
[/quote]
ok thanks i will try that tommorrow :)

Full Colour Version: Fuel Cap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615