Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Cap?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Paul24
Hi

Prob the most sily question of all time. Currently drive Zetec 08 plate and come to the first refuelling today. No fuel Cap? looked in my manual and it shows a fuel cap but after lookin on the net it says that they now come without a cap. did not want to ring my Ford dealer and feel a wally just thought it best to post it on here and feel a wally lol.

any feed back would be great.
Wizz
[quote name='Paul24' date='20 June 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1277063106' post='85670']
Hi

Prob the most sily question of all time. Currently drive Zetec 08 plate and come to the first refuelling today. No fuel Cap? looked in my manual and it shows a fuel cap but after lookin on the net it says that they now come without a cap. did not want to ring my Ford dealer and feel a wally just thought it best to post it on here and feel a wally lol.

any feed back would be great.
[/quote]
The latest models don't have a fuel cap.....my 59 plates doesn't.
It has a system whereby it has a closure gate in the tank filler and only the correct nozzle will open it.
These models also come with a small plastic funnel, which can be used if you run out of petrol and have to fill it with a petrol can.
Paul24
[quote name='Wizz' date='21 June 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1277143537' post='85773']
The latest models don't have a fuel cap.....my 59 plates doesn't.
It has a system whereby it has a closure gate in the tank filler and only the correct nozzle will open it.
These models also come with a small plastic funnel, which can be used if you run out of petrol and have to fill it with a petrol can.
[/quote]

Thank you for the reply did not dare fill the car right up. Guess the dealer should of explained but no worries i now know.
mnevis
[quote name='Paul24' date='22 June 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1277223298' post='85858']
Thank you for the reply did not dare fill the car right up. Guess the dealer should of explained but no worries i now know.
[/quote]

Full Colour Version: Fuel Cap?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615