Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Control Knob Removal
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
pizzaman
Hi, I am new to the forum and don't know if it's possible to get an answer to this question.

Have a 2006 Fiesta Style (Climate) and the heater temperature control squeaks annoyingly when turned through a certain point near the maximum cold point. Presumably, the control needs some oil? If so, how do I get to that? Do the knobs just pull off? They seem very tight. Or, does the console need to be taken off?
Gazjs
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately the dials are part of the heating unit itself, this will need to be opened up to remove I would imagine. To get to the unit you have to remove the radio and upper bezel to show the screws for lower heating bezel. You then undo these screws and put your hand down the back to undo the clips. Then remove the drivers side kick plate to gain access to the wires etc that enter the unit.
pizzaman
[quote name='Gazjs' date='23 June 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1277302856' post='85933']
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately the dials are part of the heating unit itself, this will need to be opened up to remove I would imagine. To get to the unit you have to remove the radio and upper bezel to show the screws for lower heating bezel. You then undo these screws and put your hand down the back to undo the clips. Then remove the drivers side kick plate to gain access to the wires etc that enter the unit.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for your reply. That sounds awkward, indeed! It might be simplest to just live with this. These things have a tendency to not go so well.
Gazjs
Its probably best to leave it yes, or replace the whole unit itself.
C-Max Boy 1983
Welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

Full Colour Version: Heater Control Knob Removal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.