Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Or Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
becward
[size="3"]I am currently looking to buy my first car! I was looking at either the Fiesta or the Focus, my boyfriend wants me to choose the Focus as he says its better built than the fiesta and more comfortable to drive.

Are they both prone to the same kind of problems e.g. rust?
And which one should I choose and why?

Thanks
Becca[/size]
cyb
So what year model etc?

Why does he think the focus is built better?

As for rust - all cars suffer from rust it all depend on the previous owner and how well they have looked after the car, if they garaged it or left it out in all weathers, even giving a wax or not will all make a diffrence.

Which to chose? Well if you do a lot of miles you might find the focus more comfortable, but if itís mainly town driving the Fiesta will give you better mpg and is easier to park.

Fisrt thing I would look at is a budget Ė decide on a price and stick to it, see what you can get within that price and donít forget the focus like to like with a similar model fiesta may cost more to insure and service.

hth
Cyb
pizzaman
[quote name='becward' date='23 June 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1277294973' post='85923']
[size="3"]I am currently looking to buy my first car! I was looking at either the Fiesta or the Focus, my boyfriend wants me to choose the Focus as he says its better built than the fiesta and more comfortable to drive.

Are they both prone to the same kind of problems e.g. rust?
And which one should I choose and why?

Thanks
Becca[/size]
[/quote]

Hi Becca,

Glad that you are thinking about a Fiesta or Focus for your first car! Mine was a Fiesta.

I would only say that the Focus is a bigger car and so is probably 'heavier' and more comfortable. You may find that the boot in the Fiesta is really not that large. The Focus will be better in this respect and more comfortable for more than 2 passengers.

Hope this helps.
C-Max Boy 1983
Depending if you thinking of purchasing the fiesta brand new, the current fiesta is roughly the same size or just a tad smaller than the original focus, both cars are built well and if it was my money at the moment my money would be on the fiesta.

Full Colour Version: Fiesta Or Focus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.