Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Buy A Used Ford Ka
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Frogmella
Hello All,

My daughter has just passed her driving test and is about to buy her first car. She wants a Ford KA. I'll have to go with her to try and find a decent one (and I'll probably end up doing any servicing and minor repairs too.)

Can any members give me a guide as to what I should look out for when buying a used KA so we have the best chance of getting her a decent little motor!

We have about 2k to spend, what should we be able to get for that?

Thanks in advance for any help, it will be very much appreciated!
delboy
have a look about on trade-it etc & see what prices they go for

see if you can get a registration then phone insurance company to check a price 1st
that way you will have an idea on insurance

to look out for for 2k there is not much as you should get a good one

go for a 02 plate onwards.

check door sills as they are prone to rust
get one with colour coded bumpers & power steering

they are cheap to run & easy to repair

go for something like this one m8

http://www.trade-it.co.uk/cars-ford-ka/region-w-uk-bristol-south-west-avon-bristol/FordKa13iCollectionSilver-9289509.html?impression=normal_impression

what ever one you lookat take it for a good test drive & take it over bumpy roads to hear any rattles etc as they tend to get througe lower suspension arms but cheap to replace yourself
about 30.. a pair & check rear suspension springs they tend to break & open boot up & push car side to side to makesure the rear sub frame is not worn
any play leave it alone unless you can replace the rear rubber bushes .. about 30.00 a pair from fords.
any more questions plzz ask as i have done just about all you can do on a ka inc clutch etc

Full Colour Version: How To Buy A Used Ford Ka
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615