Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
Stephen Leak
Hello everybody,

After spending 8 years owning and modding a Mondeo, I've downsized to a 2004 Mk.6 Fiesta, 1.4 TDCI, Zetec. 65mpg and £30 tax. However, I'm also looking forward to adding a few useful little mods. A Ghia interior light with map lights seems a good place to start.

Stephen.
Gazjs
Welcome to FOC :D
Stephen Leak
[quote name='Gazjs' date='30 June 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1277909585' post='86576']
Welcome to FOC :D
[/quote]

Thanks.

Planning some footwell lights, I see. What if there was a way of making it, so that only the driver's footwell light came on when the driver's door was opened, and only the passenger's footwell light came on when the passenger's door was opened.
Gazjs
[quote name='Stephen Leak' date='30 June 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1277910298' post='86578']
Thanks.

Planning some footwell lights, I see. What if there was a way of making it, so that only the driver's footwell light came on when the driver's door was opened, and only the passenger's footwell light came on when the passenger's door was opened.
[/quote]
I am sure this will be possible, I however have limited knowledge on this :lol:
I plan on taking it from the centre interior light so that they will dim etc along with it. The idea you have does sound really good. Any ideas on how it can be done?
Stephen Leak
[quote name='Gazjs' date='30 June 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1277910504' post='86579']
I am sure this will be possible, I however have limited knowledge on this :lol:
I plan on taking it from the centre interior light so that they will dim etc along with it. The idea you have does sound really good. Any ideas on how it can be done?
[/quote]

Diodes. I had it in the old Mondeo. The "theatre dimming" is a new factor, though.

At first sight, I don't think my "intelligent" footwell lights will "dim" off. In order to be operated by just one specific door, they need to be isolated from the rest of the interior light system. They switch off when the door is closed and they are no longer needed, but the interior light stays on.

Do footwell lights need to dim? Surely (I've told you before, don't call me Shirley), the dimming is to allow your eyes to adjust at night.

I need to re-install them in the new car first.

I will, of course, keep you posted.
vinnyvangough
Hi and welcome to the club
C-Max Boy 1983
Welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

Full Colour Version: Hello
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615