Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
barry0957
hi all
new to the forum
my wife has just got a 54 plate diesel and the reverse lights not working.
ive changed the bulb,checked the fuse,and bridged the reverse light switch
all to no avail,
has anyone else had this problem? if so how do i repair it.also could anyone tell me
if it runs through a relay and could that be the problem.
thanks
barry
Dan62
The reversing light circuit is very simple, but best diagnosed with a voltmeter (multimeter).
The switch on the gearbox will power the light directly (no relay), the only relay in the circuit will be the one that supplies power to the fuse, which is controlled by key position II

Good luck
barry0957
[quote name='Dan62' date='02 July 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1278071618' post='86773']
The reversing light circuit is very simple, but best diagnosed with a voltmeter (multimeter).
The switch on the gearbox will power the light directly (no relay), the only relay in the circuit will be the one that supplies power to the fuse, which is controlled by key position II

Good luck
[/quote]
barry0957
thanks for your reply Dan
il give it ago at the weekend
just one thing,does the car need to be running when bridging the reverse light switch
or leave the ignition on position II
thanks again
Dan62
Engine doesn't need to be running, just ignition to position II.

Personally I'd start by checking for voltage either side of the fuse, then with reverse gear selected look for 12v at the lamp end (it could be a bad earth) working towards the switch if there is no voltage.

Seems you've done the obvious.... fuse, switch and lamp stuff already.

Not sure if Ford use standard Fuse numbering but my mk6 fiesta is F48, with a decent meter probe you should be able to touch the metal 'bits' on the top of the fuse with it in situ to check for voltage.

Full Colour Version: Reverse Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.