Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: focus 2005 water leak
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
slaphead
I HAVE A 2005 FOCUS TITANIUM AND I AM HAVING WATER LEAKING INTO THE HATCH AREA REAR OFFSIDE I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE COMING FROM THE RUBBER GROMETS UNDER THE LIGHT WHICH I SEALED BUT IT STILL COMES IN ANYONE WITH A 2005 > FOCUS HATCH HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME MAD
mintalkin
this is a known problem Apparently Ford have issued a Technical Bulletin about it...the hatch hinges need sealing with some special sealer.
slaphead
[quote name='slaphead' post='3348' date='Sep 6 2008, 01:07 PM']I HAVE A 2005 FOCUS TITANIUM AND I AM HAVING WATER LEAKING INTO THE HATCH AREA REAR OFFSIDE I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE COMING FROM THE RUBBER GROMETS UNDER THE LIGHT WHICH I SEALED BUT IT STILL COMES IN ANYONE WITH A 2005 > FOCUS HATCH HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME MAD[/quote]
slaphead
[quote name='mintalkin' post='3354' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:01 PM']this is a known problem Apparently Ford have issued a Technical Bulletin about it...the hatch hinges need sealing with some special sealer.[/quote]

thanks hope you are right because its doing me in
hodges9566
[quote name='slaphead' date='06 September 2008 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1220715498' post='3362']
thanks hope you are right because its doing me in
[/quote]
Have you sorted this problem yet and if so how.
borgie
A few more seem to be getting the same issue with the tailgate leak. Ford say the warranty is only for one year, as this is classed as trim. Disgusting if you ask me. how could Ford say this on a recent model and how could an owner be responsible to pay for a flaw in their prodution process.
Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe this would need a few owners to come out and scream for them to listen. Its obvious that Ford has to stand the cost. :angry:
artscot79
[quote name='borgie' date='20 February 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1266692808' post='66002']
A few more seem to be getting the same issue with the tailgate leak. Ford say the warranty is only for one year, as this is classed as trim. Disgusting if you ask me. how could Ford say this on a recent model and how could an owner be responsible to pay for a flaw in their prodution process.
Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe this would need a few owners to come out and scream for them to listen. Its obvious that Ford has to stand the cost. [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img]
[/quote]

the new ford kas are suffering from the same issue whyu is it that ford have just lost the ball on quality my mk1 to me from what im reading seems better built than the newer more expensive fords not sure why but the newer focus suffers from issues the older mk1 just didnt have sorry to heear you didnt get anywhere wiyth them perhaps kicking a fuss up in the showroom might change there mind

Full Colour Version: focus 2005 water leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615