Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Rear Wheel Bearings
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
ferretracer
as title sais, how is easy it to replace them as mine are starting to go, are there any online guides, ive got a haynes as well
Karlos
[quote name='ferretracer' date='07 July 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1278540776' post='87465']
as title sais, how is easy it to replace them as mine are starting to go, are there any online guides, ive got a haynes as well
[/quote]

I don't think it'll be a difficult job. I was changing the rear brake cylinders on the Wife's Fiesta the other day, which has drums at the rear, and it was just a case of undoing the large central nut, which came undone and contained the wheel bearings, which just fell out.
jmurray01
It should show you in your haynes manual! Though, it's usually as easy as pie to change bearings! It's one of the easiest jobs you can do on a car, besides changing spark plugs!
mintalkin
apart from the bearings should be 'pressed' into the hub,sometimes its easier to get secondhand hubs fitted than go to the trouble of getting a garage to press the bearings in for you.

Full Colour Version: Focus Rear Wheel Bearings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.