Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rusted Petrol Tank Straps
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
alvin
just failed the MOT,the petrol tank on my W-reg Focus Zetec Estate has it's straps rusted through and broken-i priced one of them at over a hundred quid-anyone any ideas on how to secure the tank without shelling out all this cash for a strap?.any ideas greatly appreciated.
dezwez
[quote name='alvin' date='09 July 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1278684452' post='87647']
just failed the MOT,the petrol tank on my W-reg Focus Zetec Estate has it's straps rusted through and broken-i priced one of them at over a hundred quid-anyone any ideas on how to secure the tank without shelling out all this cash for a strap?.any ideas greatly appreciated.
[/quote]
get one out of a breakers yard have a good look around for a good one.
Then fit it your self not to hard to do jack up car suport on axel stands.
Then uses two more axel stands to take the weight ov the tank when you change it. :D

Full Colour Version: Rusted Petrol Tank Straps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615