Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 02 Focus Throttle Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Tomm
Hi, For the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing a problem with my cars throttle, It usually ticks over at just under 1000 RPM, however it now does it at almost 2000 :/. When waiting at light when the car is stationary it will rev up to about 3000 at sometimes, Its driving me crazy, I have taken it to a mechanic but he cannot figue this one out.

It will rev up and down without using the throttle pedel about 50% of the time, has anyone got any idea what could be causing it? i have looked at the throttle cable and it is clean an not fread.

2002 1.6 16V 5 door ford focus.
artscot79
[quote name='Tomm' date='12 July 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1278895659' post='87949']
Hi, For the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing a problem with my cars throttle, It usually ticks over at just under 1000 RPM, however it now does it at almost 2000 :/. When waiting at light when the car is stationary it will rev up to about 3000 at sometimes, Its driving me crazy, I have taken it to a mechanic but he cannot figue this one out.

It will rev up and down without using the throttle pedel about 50% of the time, has anyone got any idea what could be causing it? i have looked at the throttle cable and it is clean an not fread.

2002 1.6 16V 5 door ford focus.
[/quote]

unless im mistaken just under 1000 is too high its usually 700+/-30rpm as stated in the ford manual on some its a bit higher but not that high likely its the idle control valve or the throttle position sensor i assume its not throwing up a diagnostic code? from what im reading at the moment you should be idling at 700 +/-30 rpm so its definately the throttle sensor or the idle control valve

Full Colour Version: 02 Focus Throttle Issue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.