Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remote 3 Button Key
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
warehouseman
I have a 2002 Mondeo 2.5 ghia x Estate. It has a 3 button (lock/unlock/unlock back door). Does NOT have any infra-red on the key itself, so I presume frequency controlled. It suddenly stopped working. It isn't the battery - I have tried 2 different CR2032 batteries. There is no clicking sound at all. Looked at the manual. Just said 'press lock&unlock buttons for 4 seconds and the car lights will come on & reset' . Well, as the key is dead there is obviously no communication so nothing happened. The key is fine manually opening and locking. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? Could it be the receiver ?
dezwez
[quote name='warehouseman' date='18 July 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1279452798' post='88882']
I have a 2002 Mondeo 2.5 ghia x Estate. It has a 3 button (lock/unlock/unlock back door). Does NOT have any infra-red on the key itself, so I presume frequency controlled. It suddenly stopped working. It isn't the battery - I have tried 2 different CR2032 batteries. There is no clicking sound at all. Looked at the manual. Just said 'press lock&unlock buttons for 4 seconds and the car lights will come on & reset' . Well, as the key is dead there is obviously no communication so nothing happened. The key is fine manually opening and locking. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? Could it be the receiver ?
[/quote]
is the battery in right way around and is it making contact with metal contacts :)
ponsaloti
Take your key into a good locksmiths. They will test for a signal.
We dont charge for this service
simpledan
[quote name='ponsaloti' date='22 July 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1279832014' post='89544']
Take your key into a good locksmiths. They will test for a signal.
We dont charge for this service
[/quote]

second that. i am sure some locksmiths test for free. if not i think you will have to go to ford and get a new key
DAS
have you tried reprogramming it? sometimes the lose it when placed next to a microwave/ mobile phone etc.

Full Colour Version: Remote 3 Button Key
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.