Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Mk3 Misfiring At Low Revs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Marshall
[b]Hello, I have a MK3 1.8LX Mondeo.. and at low revs it misfires (COUGH'S) really annoying!!! I know it's a LX not an ST but it also seems 'SLUGISH' This my third Mondeo and the other two weren't like this.. any ideas please??? A friend said about maybe the 'COILPACK'...

Regards
Marshall[/b]
GarethJ
[quote name='Marshall' date='19 July 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1279533878' post='89007']
[b]Hello, I have a MK3 1.8LX Mondeo.. and at low revs it misfires (COUGH'S) really annoying!!! I know it's a LX not an ST but it also seems 'SLUGISH' This my third Mondeo and the other two weren't like this.. any ideas please??? A friend said about maybe the 'COILPACK'...

Regards
Marshall[/b]
[/quote]

Just bought a Mk3 1.8LX that was also misfiring and I replaced the coil pack, HT leads and spark plugs and it is now running like a dream. Total cost was about 100 but the difference was amazing as it is not a difficult task. Make sure you note the position of the HT leads from the coil pack to the plugs. Hope this is useful

Gareth
jmurray01
Change the spark plugs and see how it runs after that. If not change the distributor and HT leads as well. Oh and injectors!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.