Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Troubleshooting Rattaling Engine
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Predator
I've recently bought a Ka2 which has done around 85,000 miles its a great car however there is a problem with the engine im not sure what it is cuz i dont know anything about cars but anyway straight to the point the engine rattles and i was wondering if anyone can decifier what the problem is.

Gratefull for all Replies :)
jmurray01
A few more details would be great! :)

Does it do it on idle or in revs as well ? Does it do it when cold or hot or both ?
Predator
It does it from the moment the engine is turned on till the moment its turned off including hot and cold even whilst driving its a constant rattle/ticking
jmurray01
Is there a burble at the exhaust ? If so it's probably a misfire. Easially rectified by a new set of spark plugs!
Predator
Ive replaced the spark plugs with 4 brand new ones But the sound still persists :(
artscot79
[quote name='Predator' date='04 August 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1280920347' post='91192']
Ive replaced the spark plugs with 4 brand new ones But the sound still persists :(
[/quote]

its hard to diagnose a sound cou;ld be a coil pack plugs leads hole in the exhaust pinking from cheap fuel wrong oil old oil etc etc etc
Predator
Do you think the tapets might need adjusting?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615