Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Reminder And Plea...
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
DanGull
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE folks -

I've just had to spend a good 15 minutes sorting out a thread with some pretty awful language in it. The rules are simple - swearing is not allowed on FOC - that includes variations, starred out letters, numbers in the place of letters etc.

Just don't use the swear words - engage the brain and use something more appropriate.

If it's not allowed on TV/radio before 9pm - it's never allowed here.

Thread in question also resulted in an official warning being given, we don't like doing that, so please don't force our hand.
Max_Headroom
Apologies for taking the topic off topic for a moment but as a noob here can i ask what your views on "text typing" are ?
DanGull
Hi Max - while I personally can't stand it, we don't object to its use here.

The subject of spelling and grammar (including text speak) are not normally brought up here - except in a few very rare cases where members have actually been unable to understand a post.
Max_Headroom
[quote name='DanGull' date='23 July 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1279912167' post='89723']
Hi Max - while I personally can't stand it, we don't object to its use here.

[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation, I also cannot stand it but having read a number of threads/posts can honestly say this forum doesn't seem to suffer like some i have read, it looks like you may have an older membership who are able to put their keyboards to full use. :lol:
fiesta_lad
Like being back at school :lol: :lol:
DanGull
Yes - and I spend my whole working day in schools - I'd rather not have to come home to it afterwards as well. <sigh>
jmurray01
I completely understand Dan. I don't know if there is already but in the New Members section there should be a sticky displaying clearly that swearing is [i]not[/i] acceptable on here. Even if it is just asterisks.
Gazjs
[quote name='jmurray01' date='25 July 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1280012307' post='89889']
I completely understand Dan. I don't know if there is already but in the New Members section there should be a sticky displaying clearly that swearing is [i]not[/i] acceptable on here. Even if it is just asterisks.
[/quote]
The rules are available to view in the announcement section at the top of every forum, along with other useful info :)
calmcdermott
Pip pip old chap, quite right! Hehe

Full Colour Version: A Reminder And Plea...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.