Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Instrument Cluster Mileage
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mjk
Hi All,

I've got a LHD Focus 2008 that currently has a UK instrument cluster (showing mph). It was supplied with a replacement cluster in km/h but, before I install it, I thought I'd better find out where the master odometer value is stored.

I'm assuming that replacing the cluster will not lose the total mileage covered by the car, and that it's stored in some electronic wizardry under the bonnet. Does anyone know if that's the case?

If so, then I guess I'm good to do the switch myself, otherwise I'll have to take it to a garage.

Cheers
Mike
artscot79
[quote name='mjk' date='28 July 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1280343763' post='90344']
Hi All,

I've got a LHD Focus 2008 that currently has a UK instrument cluster (showing mph). It was supplied with a replacement cluster in km/h but, before I install it, I thought I'd better find out where the master odometer value is stored.

I'm assuming that replacing the cluster will not lose the total mileage covered by the car, and that it's stored in some electronic wizardry under the bonnet. Does anyone know if that's the case?

If so, then I guess I'm good to do the switch myself, otherwise I'll have to take it to a garage.

Cheers
Mike
[/quote]

usually when you replace the cluster you loose the mileage and ford cant even do it so the mileage goes to the new cluster

Full Colour Version: Instrument Cluster Mileage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.