Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leather Steering Wheel Bubbled
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
r0b3r7
Hi, the steering wheel on my focus is quite bubbly, looks like it's melted in places :)

Can this be treated with an off the shelf product??

Thanks in advance

Rob
stef123
[quote name='r0b3r7' date='29 July 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1280392312' post='90397']
Hi, the steering wheel on my focus is quite bubbly, looks like it's melted in places :)

Can this be treated with an off the shelf product??

Thanks in advance

Rob
[/quote]

my steering wheel is exactly the same, it must be sweat or oils from the skin that does it as its only the areas that i hold that are affected.
artscot79
[quote name='stef123' date='29 July 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1280392692' post='90398']
my steering wheel is exactly the same, it must be sweat or oils from the skin that does it as its only the areas that i hold that are affected.
[/quote]

they all go like that niothing will bring it back up though ive tried however if you dont mind doing the stitching try these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Italian-Genuine-Leather-Steering-Wheel-Cover-FORD-FOCUS_W0QQitemZ310128919913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item48351fc569

the black ones are just like the ford original
grooveboy79
Hey guys quick one on the topic:

Bought a car with the Leather on the steering wheel completely melted. Really annoyed me as the car is in great condition otherwise so decided rather then replacing the wheel to take the leather off. It's just the rubber underneath which feels nicer than sticky leather.

1. is there any advice against using the steering wheel like that?

2. what's underneath the rubber can it be used bare?

Really not fussed about having a cover....

Thanks

Full Colour Version: Leather Steering Wheel Bubbled
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.