Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ranger Moans And Groans
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Ranger Club
doctorbig
Hi all

my 2007 Ranger has a metalic creeking sound coming from the front end suspension in dry weather normally when turning at low speed over a bit bumpy ground, has anybody else had or got this problem and any idears on how to stop it,

Regards Dave.
hillyman
[quote name='doctorbig' date='29 July 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1280405598' post='90420']
Hi all

my 2007 Ranger has a metalic creeking sound coming from the front end suspension in dry weather normally when turning at low speed over a bit bumpy ground, has anybody else had or got this problem and any idears on how to stop it,

Regards Dave.
[/quote]
Hi Dave if you have the answer to this problem can you please let me know regards Roger.
nistelrooy
[quote name='doctorbig' timestamp='1280405598' post='90420']
Hi all

Regards Dave.
[/quote]
Hiya Dave, I had exactly the same noise on my truck. I mentioned it at my service a couple of years ago. They adjusted something underneath the truck but didn't tell me what they adjusted. As far as I can see it was a quick fix and cheap, as they didn't charge. It has just come back. I get my noise on full lock over a bump.

Paul
Nick
[quote name='doctorbig' timestamp='1280405598' post='90420']
Hi all

Regards Dave.
[/quote]
Hi,
Mine noise which was the same, was cured by putting thick grease on the bumpstops that are adjustable when turning on a full lock.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Nick...

Full Colour Version: Ranger Moans And Groans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.