Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Key Fob
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
leeuk1
Hey all,

Board noob here. Also, noob question - please no laughing if it's a dumb question, we all started from low knowledge at some point :)

I have a Mk1 Focus, with a normal (non-button fob) key. Can I get a fob key to be cut etc and programmed to my car, or does the car have to come with some sort of receiver and thus it wouldn't work?

Hope that made sense!

Lee
artscot79
[quote name='leeuk1' date='01 August 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1280700487' post='90822']
Hey all,

Board noob here. Also, noob question - please no laughing if it's a dumb question, we all started from low knowledge at some point :)

I have a Mk1 Focus, with a normal (non-button fob) key. Can I get a fob key to be cut etc and programmed to my car, or does the car have to come with some sort of receiver and thus it wouldn't work?

Hope that made sense!

Lee
[/quote]

you will need the reciever im sure to add the remote locking to youre car to test is simple get a fob from a scrapyard from another ford and programme it to youre car and check to programme it follow these instructions

1. Switch Ignition [b]On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds [/b]until a sound is made. 2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made. 3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound. 4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit. 5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed
cressws1
The only Focus that doesn't have the reciever for remote locking is the bog standard Mk1 lx. Other Mk1's such as Zetec and Ghia will have the reciever but you need to purchase a fob and blank blade then have the blade cut. As Artscot said you can program the keyfob to the locking yourself easily, However to allow the key to start the car you will need to follow the procedure in your handbook this requires 2 keys that are already able to start the car.

Hope this helps.
leeuk1
Thanks both :)

I found a site here: http://www.pots-of-gold.co.uk/products.php?cat=7 but how do I work out which key will be the one I need?

Thanks again,
Lee

[quote name='cressws1' date='03 August 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1280861915' post='91096']
The only Focus that doesn't have the reciever for remote locking is the bog standard Mk1 lx. Other Mk1's such as Zetec and Ghia will have the reciever but you need to purchase a fob and blank blade then have the blade cut. As Artscot said you can program the keyfob to the locking yourself easily, However to allow the key to start the car you will need to follow the procedure in your handbook this requires 2 keys that are already able to start the car.

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

Full Colour Version: Key Fob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.