Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
lol
hello i,m lawrence from the north east i,m new to this forum,i have a 2006 56reg ford focus sport 1.8tdci,i am asking members if they can help me with a problem,i have just had a new turbo and inlet hose both fitted,my problem now is it wont rev beyond 2250 and is kicking a lot of black smoke out, my initial thought was the airflow meter, any help please would be appreciated.
jonboy01
[quote name='lol' date='01 August 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1280701727' post='90823']
hello i,m lawrence from the north east i,m new to this forum,i have a 2006 56reg ford focus sport 1.8tdci,i am asking members if they can help me with a problem,i have just had a new turbo and inlet hose both fitted,my problem now is it wont rev beyond 2250 and is kicking a lot of black smoke out, my initial thought was the airflow meter, any help please would be appreciated.
[/quote]
not too sure if its relevant lawrence, but when my friends hose went on his tdci mondeo it showed the same symptons as yours are showing now..

have you checked all the other hoses for splits and is it possible that any oil was left behind in there from the previous repairs?

just a thought but i would check the hoses first.

Full Colour Version: Ford Focus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.