Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cigarette Lighter Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
06 ford fusion
Hi, can anyone help??? my cigarette lighter has power and my phone charger works through it but when i plug my (brand new) cigatette lighter in it blows the fuse! its driving me bonkers please help :(
Manfred
[quote name='06 ford fusion' date='03 August 2010 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1280862333' post='91098']
Hi, can anyone help??? my cigarette lighter has power and my phone charger works through it but when i plug my (brand new) cigatette lighter in it blows the fuse! its driving me bonkers please help :(
[/quote]
I have a similar problem my fuse keeps poping and also when i use my cigarette lighter it shoots right out at me hot!! Would have bin very dangerous if i did it whilst driving.
artscot79
[quote name='Manfred' date='05 August 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1280987521' post='91391']
I have a similar problem my fuse keeps poping and also when i use my cigarette lighter it shoots right out at me hot!! Would have bin very dangerous if i did it whilst driving.
[/quote]

already answered on the other post simple fix take the lkighter out the socket look inside youll see two metal clips that hold the lighter in use something suitable not metal to slightly bend them in the way not into the barrell but so that they are pushed further open then try if they are too tight either the lighter pops out onto the floor or it sticks till the fuse pops
Manfred
[quote name='artscot79' date='05 August 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1281031330' post='91488']
already answered on the other post simple fix take the lkighter out the socket look inside youll see two metal clips that hold the lighter in use something suitable not metal to slightly bend them in the way not into the barrell but so that they are pushed further open then try if they are too tight either the lighter pops out onto the floor or it sticks till the fuse pops
[/quote]
Nice1 artscot worked like a treat now it holds in when its hot enough. Fuse seems to have held so far well see how long for. Many thanks

Full Colour Version: Cigarette Lighter Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.