Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is This The Egr Valve Link?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
adrian109
This image shows a "ball & socket" link circled in red on the left hand side, is this the EGR valve link? An AA man that looked at my car said it was, but I'm not sure I beleive him!!

[img]http://www.adrianwright.me.uk/downloads/mondeo-manifold.jpg[/img]
maximoke
Hi there, No this isn't the EGR valve link. This is the swirl plate actuator which runs from the small pipe at the front top of the inlet manifold through to a small electrical valve attached under the manifold on the right. Is this your inlet? If so get the swirl plates sorted before you put it back on your car because I have read stories of the butterfly flaps entering the engine when they break, and these are definately broken!!!
adrian109
[quote name='maximoke' date='04 August 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1280954283' post='91362']
Hi there, No this isn't the EGR valve link. This is the swirl plate actuator which runs from the small pipe at the front top of the inlet manifold through to a small electrical valve attached under the manifold on the right. Is this your inlet? If so get the swirl plates sorted before you put it back on your car because I have read stories of the butterfly flaps entering the engine when they break, and these are definately broken!!!
[/quote]

No this isn't a picture of my inlet manifold. The problem I have is that the ball and socket connection on the swirl plate actuator as you call it is loose and it keeps coming off. The AA man said this could be causing my "jerkyness" when under load. I changed the spark plugs as he suggested but it hasn't made any difference. He tested the HT leads and said they were in an acceptable range of ohms. The next thing to get fixed is this swirl plate connection as the AA man said that the coil looked like it had been changed recently.
maximoke
[quote name='adrian109' date='05 August 2010 - 07:00 AM' timestamp='1280991022' post='91393']
No this isn't a picture of my inlet manifold. The problem I have is that the ball and socket connection on the swirl plate actuator as you call it is loose and it keeps coming off. The AA man said this could be causing my "jerkyness" when under load. I changed the spark plugs as he suggested but it hasn't made any difference. He tested the HT leads and said they were in an acceptable range of ohms. The next thing to get fixed is this swirl plate connection as the AA man said that the coil looked like it had been changed recently.
[/quote]
That's good news then! I had the same problem with mine, and yes it will cause acceleration and general jerkyness feelings. It's because the flaps stay closed as you open the throttle valve. You could try using some thick single strand cable, like the inner of coax, and wrap it around the bottom of the ball on the flap arm, and then around the plastic length of the actuator once it has been popped back on. That should let it move and also keep it on.
BLACKCAB157
Did you find out where the EGR Valve was ?

Full Colour Version: Is This The Egr Valve Link?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.