Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need To Find The Part No. Of My Inlet Manifold.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Manfred
Im needing to replace my inlet manifold and throttle position sensor, pretty sure iv found the correct TPS but the inlet manifold im not to sure. Does any1 no how i can obtain the correct part no. of inlet manifold and TPS i should be using on my car just so i can be 100% when geting a friend to help fit them. My car is a 1999 T reg Focus 1.8 16v Zetec 3dr.
Many Thanks to any1 that can help.
artscot79
[quote name='Manfred' date='04 August 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1280939581' post='91294']
Im needing to replace my inlet manifold and throttle position sensor, pretty sure iv found the correct TPS but the inlet manifold im not to sure. Does any1 no how i can obtain the correct part no. of inlet manifold and TPS i should be using on my car just so i can be 100% when geting a friend to help fit them. My car is a 1999 T reg Focus 1.8 16v Zetec 3dr.
Many Thanks to any1 that can help.
[/quote]

ide give ford a call curious though there are no known issues with the manifold
Manfred
[quote name='artscot79' date='05 August 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1281031422' post='91489']
[/quote]
Thanks again artscot79 for replying im thinking I will have to give ford a call although Have i have heard that they tend not to like giving them out so you don't jus go and get one alot cheaper else where. I first read about the problem on an old post from another forum http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=61198 and this is very similar to the problem im having. There is a few new inlet manifolds for 1.8-2.0l zetec engines for sale all slightly different tho. Nobody seems to be able to help when coming to match the correct one wich is frustrating because I really dont earn alot and is going to buckle me if i have to fork out 300+ to get ford to fix it.
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
here u go mate, there are 2 manifolds you can use as they updated them to the same part number...all 1.8's up to jan 2001 will fit

2 mumbers are:
988f 9424 ka finis code 1066076
or
988f 9424 kb finis code 1111723

the 988f number is what you should be looking for stamped on the manifold
Cheers
Graham
Manfred
[quote name='CAR PARTS EXPRESS' date='07 August 2010 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1281177802' post='91744']
here u go mate, there are 2 manifolds you can use as they updated them to the same part number...all 1.8's up to jan 2001 will fit

2 mumbers are:
988f 9424 ka finis code 1066076
or
988f 9424 kb finis code 1111723

the 988f number is what you should be looking for stamped on the manifold
Cheers
Graham
[/quote]
Nice 1 Graham that helps alot, there is a new inlet on ebay with part no. 988F 9424 DD it looks very similar except it has a metal pipe joind just underneath were it mounts to the engine.

which mine does not, do u think this would be a problem.
Also would u no the part No. for the throttle body that would be attached the 988f 9424 ka/kb. There is also a New throttle body thats looks very similar with part No.96BF-FF
Thanks again Graham your help is much appreciated.
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
hi, NO the manifold ending DD is no good....its of a mondeo or cougar NOT a focus...the throttle body numbers u should be looking for are either
XS4U 9E926 FB OR XS4U 9E926 MB

cheers
Graham
Manfred
[quote name='CAR PARTS EXPRESS' date='09 August 2010 - 08:48 AM' timestamp='1281343133' post='92035']
hi, NO the manifold ending DD is no good....its of a mondeo or cougar NOT a focus...the throttle body numbers u should be looking for are either
XS4U 9E926 FB OR XS4U 9E926 MB

cheers
Graham
[/quote]
Thanks again Graham most helpfull. Just seems im finding it difficult to find one thats new now lol. I noticed you are a trader and wondered if you are able to get hold of these parts: Inlet manifold and gasket, Throttle body, and TPS preferably new. Many thanks again
artscot79
[quote name='Manfred' date='09 August 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1281378306' post='92144']
Thanks again Graham most helpfull. Just seems im finding it difficult to find one thats new now lol. I noticed you are a trader and wondered if you are able to get hold of these parts: Inlet manifold and gasket, Throttle body, and TPS preferably new. Many thanks again
[/quote]

i thought this issue was dealt with under a ford recall or tsb they updated it later on mines a 2001 and doesnt have the same one as you i have the updated one so would it not be feasible to remove one from an older focus from a scrappy
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
[quote name='artscot79' date='05 August 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1281031422' post='91489']
[/quote]

[quote name='artscot79' date='09 August 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1281380127' post='92148']
i thought this issue was dealt with under a ford recall or tsb they updated it later on mines a 2001 and doesnt have the same one as you i have the updated one so would it not be feasible to remove one from an older focus from a scrappy
[/quote]

Which statement you sticking with then? :rolleyes:
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
[quote name='Manfred' date='09 August 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1281378306' post='92144']
[/quote]
Hi Mate,
the price of new parts is crazy, u are looking 600 +..... try these guys 0191 4609699 big ford breakers...give them the part numbers i gave you, they might have one
Cheers
Graham
Manfred
Thanks everyone for trying to help me out. Im not sure yet what im going to do, because i cant see the point in using the same second hand inlet manifold if there is a problem with them but then again im sure it will last a good couple of years if its in full workin order. I no the parts are going to cost a fortune if i go direct to ford, but there are a few new ones on ebay for like 20-50 bargain shame there not the right ones. The TPS i can get brand new for 28 but i was looking at a new throttle body with tps for 37 but found out it wont fit, thats the only reason why iv held back on the TPS. I cant feel that there is anything wrong with my inlet but i can hear a hiss when excelerating and changing gear as if I have a turbo (i wish) so maybe its more the gasket than the whole inlet. There is also no problem with the air box or pipe that joins throttle body. The only reason i was looking at changing the throttle body is 1 beacuse its joined to the inlet and might as well if im changing that, 2 i dont no if my butterfly valve if damaged so thats whats letting in air when its supposed to be shut. Im no mechanic so if any of this sounds bogus then thats because i dont really no what im chatting about lol. If any1 is wondering why im needing to replace these and what is up with my car then please read my other post. http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14213
There is an inlet manifold with throttle body, TPS and Fuel rail on ebay second hand for 50 its the correct one, so in two minds to get that and see if it cures the problems or wait a while to see if any new parts come up. Iv left messages with the people selling the new parts to see if they could contact me if the get hold of them. Many thanks everyone
Manfred
Iv found a brand new (correct) inlet manifold and TPS which I have now brought for about 150 plus postage. Just waiting for them to arrive so i can fit. Will let u all no how i get on hopfully it will solve my problems. Thanks agen for every1's addvice and input.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.