Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emissions
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Leemaxd
Has anyone had problems with fitting a performance back box on a tdci and had problems with emissions,
I am having performance back box with twin exit Fitted on Saturday but bit worried that at the time of mot I may be in trouble.
I am getting the exhaust done at a proper place.
paradisiac
[quote name='Leemaxd' date='04 August 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1280954849' post='91365']
Has anyone had problems with fitting a performance back box on a tdci and had problems with emissions,
I am having performance back box with twin exit Fitted on Saturday but bit worried that at the time of mot I may be in trouble.
I am getting the exhaust done at a proper place.
[/quote]

emmisions should be fine, never known a car fail due to an aftermarket backbox. a full system would still probably be no where near getting close to the emmision limit, so aslong as everything else is ok with the car then it shouldnt be a problem at all.
stef123
diesels are tested on how much smoke they give out so there shouldnt be any problems not that a back box does anything other than silence the exhaust
Leemaxd
Cheers guys thanks for the info, I can just go back to looking forward to getting it fitted now.

Full Colour Version: Emissions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.