Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diesel 3Rd Service Cost
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
wolfiesmith2000
Hi everyone
Focus 1.8 tdci is due its 3rd service, any ideas on what cost I should be happy to pay.
Been quoted 277 by one ford service centre and 225 by another ford dealer.
hawker
I'm not sure how old your car is, but if it has a DPF, then at 37,500 miles, the Eolys fluid also needs refilling, so make sure this is also done, wherever you decide to have it serviced.

Beware, this fluid is very expensive (over £30 a litre)
My local Ford garage charged me £100 to top up the fluid and reset its computer. And this was cheaper than most!

If your username is anything to go by, and you have a Mk1 Focus, then forget everything I've just said! :D
wolfiesmith2000
[quote name='hawker' date='05 August 2010 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1280997665' post='91400']
I'm not sure how old your car is, but if it has a DPF, then at 37,500 miles, the Eolys fluid also needs refilling, so make sure this is also done, wherever you decide to have it serviced.

Beware, this fluid is very expensive (over 30 a litre)
My local Ford garage charged me 100 to top up the fluid and reset its computer. And this was cheaper than most!

If your username is anything to go by, and you have a Mk1 Focus, then forget everything I've just said! :D
[/quote]

Thanks for reply, its a 57 reg
jay1981
As your car is a 1.8 you won't have a DPF or eloys fluid to worry about, should make it a bit cheaper. I paid 185 back in June for the first service at my local Ford dealer. My advice would be to phone around all the dealers in your area and go with the cheapest.
hawker
[quote name='jay1981' date='05 August 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1281000237' post='91411']
As your car is a 1.8 you won't have a DPF or eloys fluid to worry about, should make it a bit cheaper. I paid £185 back in June for the first service at my local Ford dealer. My advice would be to phone around all the dealers in your area and go with the cheapest.
[/quote]

Well bugger me, you live and learn! :rolleyes:

I wish I knew that before I forked out on my 1.6TDCi Focus of woe! :D
catch
[quote name='hawker' date='05 August 2010 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1281007933' post='91429']
Well bugger me, you live and learn! :rolleyes: [/quote]

You never asked :P

To be honest I nearly replied to this thread this morning, along the same vein as you Paul then I thought 1.8 nar it don't have one :rolleyes:

I do know my local Ford dealer was offering a standard service for £99, and the 3 year service for £149 [petrol] Not sure if your vehicle had to be 4 years or over to qualify! Basically £99 for an oil an filter change, add another £50 for plugs and air filter. The schedule says replace pollen filter every year but I bet they don't. And it also says renew the brake fluid every two years but I bet they don't do that either. Well not at those prices, you may call me a cynic if you want.
wolfiesmith2000
Haggled and got it down to 250 Service + MOT, seemd reasonable to me

Full Colour Version: Diesel 3Rd Service Cost
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615