Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust Hangers Can They Be Replaced
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
james_60
Hello

The rear most hanger on the backbox of my g/f's fiesta has corroded fully.

Can it be replaced.

The rest of the exhaust is fine and we cannot afford to spend money on a complete exhaust if its only one hanger that nees replacing.

Jamie
stef123
[quote name='james_60' date='07 August 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1281178720' post='91749']
Hello

The rear most hanger on the backbox of my g/f's fiesta has corroded fully.

Can it be replaced.

The rest of the exhaust is fine and we cannot afford to spend money on a complete exhaust if its only one hanger that nees replacing.

Jamie
[/quote]

if the backbox is that corroded then i suspect not. a new backbox will probably set you back about 30 plus fitting unless you or someone else can do it.
artscot79
[quote name='stef123' date='07 August 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1281179627' post='91752']
if the backbox is that corroded then i suspect not. a new backbox will probably set you back about 30 plus fitting unless you or someone else can do it.
[/quote]

some places might weld it but as stef said the backboxes are relatively cheap and a weld would cost around the same cash
james_60
Thankyou for your replies

The whole exhaust is corrosion free its just that stupid rear exhaust hanger if you touch it pieces fall off.

A back box is around 40 it will have to wait until after our holiday which is at the end of the month.

Is it easy to fit a back box

I believe i need a hack saw some gun gum and an exhaust clamp.

Jamie
stef123
[quote name='james_60' date='07 August 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1281185139' post='91764']
Thankyou for your replies

The whole exhaust is corrosion free its just that stupid rear exhaust hanger if you touch it pieces fall off.

A back box is around 40 it will have to wait until after our holiday which is at the end of the month.

Is it easy to fit a back box

I believe i need a hack saw some gun gum and an exhaust clamp.

Jamie
[/quote]

40 sounds good to me if that includes the rubber mounts and clamps required. back boxes IMO are the easiest bit of the system to replace, measure it up and cut the old one off and clamp it on. theres not really alot to it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.