Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting A Peformance Exhaust?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Hazzer321
i have got a Focus 1.8 zetec and i want the car to sound a little more sporty by putting a back box on the car,by doing this would it make it sound a little better or would i need to put a whole system and induction kit on the car? thanks
artscot79
[quote name='Hazzer321' date='09 August 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1281354596' post='92079']
i have got a Focus 1.8 zetec and i want the car to sound a little more sporty by putting a back box on the car,by doing this would it make it sound a little better or would i need to put a whole system and induction kit on the car? thanks
[/quote]

for noise a sports back box will easily do you can buy systems on ebay klike this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-ASHLEY-PERFORMANCE-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-1998-2004-/230508156078?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ab5b54ae
Hazzer321
thanks very much, so i would need to replace everything up to the manifold, or just the back box?
artscot79
[quote name='Hazzer321' date='09 August 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1281362576' post='92109']
thanks very much, so i would need to replace everything up to the manifold, or just the back box?
[/quote]

you can get just a simple back box most exhaust shops do them now it wont give any power gains just make a noise avoid induction kits just stick a performance panel filter in the airbox you have
Hazzer321
thanks very much for your help :)
ford focus edge
If you can i really reccomend a sportex cat-back race tube system there loud and very bassey also give you a little bit more kick where as backboxes dont do anything bar sound better also the biggest tip you can have is a 4" circle as good as the cossie oval looks they just dont fit :(

Mike

Full Colour Version: Putting A Peformance Exhaust?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.