Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Buying Galaxy. Ghia Or Zetec??
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
LucyC
Hi everyone,

We are looking at buying a Galaxy, the 00-06 shape.
Is there anything we should really check out on these?

Also can someone tell me what the differences are between the Ghia and Zetec?
We would really like the captain seats, heated pref(!) Does anyone know if they made leather with heat and captain as well???... probaly asking for too much there though, doubt ill find one. Although someone said that the captain bases can be purchased and fitted afterwards??

Thanks in advance,

Lucy xx
kevin lancelott
You get all the toys in the Ghia speck.The Ghia is one up from the Zetec.Nothing wrong with the Zetec its a popular choice but Ghia is better. :)
LucyC
Thanks for that. WE have seen and elegance pack ghia which looks lovely. Its hard to find one 2nd hand with everything I want.... being female... I am a 'little' fussy !
Thanks again,

Lucy
kevin lancelott
Nothing wrong in being fussy.If you spending all that money its got to be what you want. ;)
LucyC
no, but it does limit my searching! Was the leather int only available on the Ghia? That could help with searching!
Thanks again,

Lucy
kevin lancelott
Leather interior was not standard on the ghia which is a bit stupid really.It was part of the ghia x pack as optional extra from new so you could be a bit hit or miss to find one with leather.However the seat material in the ghia models is very good and soft to the touch and not the harsh type you would get in lower speck models if you know what I mean.
LucyC
Thought about the leather. cold in the winter, burning in the summer....! See what you mean by the Ghia interior. Going to have a look at one this morning that ticks every other box!
Maybe later i can say we now own 1. Must say, id rather have a sporty car, I like the new fiesta, dont like the fact my children are too close to each other in one of those though, have to opt for the mpv :rolleyes: , to try an avoid chinese burn championships!

Thanks again for all your help,

Lucy x
kevin lancelott
Good look and let us know how you got on. B)
LucyC
Hi
Got the car. Its in mint condition and a bargain price! Really pleased has all I wanted except the leather which isnt a bad thing after more thought.
Only prob is when I start it the light on dash for outside lights comes on. I have checked all lights and they are fine, then it goes out??
Also climate control flashes when I start up??? think this could be a fault by looking in the book??
Thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.