Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Easy It Is To Replcae The Rear Wiper Motor ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bradshaw85
Rear wiper has stopped working :( in these days of real bad rain, it suddenly stopped working, i have replaced the fuse under the glove compartment and still nading, phoned the garaeg and they say it sounds like the motor gone kaput. Checked the haynes manual and no information on how to replace.

Thought one of you brainiacs will know :) and how much they should cost.
HeadShoT2009
I think but I'm not sure but I think it should be pretty easy, just take of the boot panel and see what you think all i think that holds i on is few bolts/ nuts to the boot lid and a nut on the outside(i think that goes round the shaft that comes out that ur wiper attaches too) and then disconnect the wirimg remebering where they went to dont quote me on this as i havnt done it on a focus
artscot79
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' date='13 August 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1281710675' post='92706']
I think but I'm not sure but I think it should be pretty easy, just take of the boot panel and see what you think all i think that holds i on is few bolts/ nuts to the boot lid and a nut on the outside(i think that goes round the shaft that comes out that ur wiper attaches too) and then disconnect the wirimg remebering where they went to dont quote me on this as i havnt done it on a focus
[/quote]

remove the rear wiper arm 1 13mm nut i believe next open the boot and remove the 4 plastic screws 1 in each corner now give the cover atug its just metal clips at the rear holding it on and voila the wiper motor is there with 3 10mm bolts on isolating rubbers all you need to do when refitting is remove the plastic clips on the cover that the screws went into and push the cover on then replace the clips and screws
jmurray01
Cars pick their times to break down don't they!? Luckily the Fiesta decided to get a bad misfire just before we stopped using it! Good girl! B)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.